There is an article doing the rounds at Noisecreep about rockers who branch out into some other venture (like another successful band) or something that is beyond the musical medium.
So of course the lists focuses on the “SuperStar”. First here is the list from Noisecreep.
10. Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park / Fort Minor
9. Chris Jericho from Fozzy and Professional Wrestling
8. Henry Rollins from Black Flag / Rollins Band (I am adding acting to this)
7. Marilyn Manson
6. Maynard James Keenan from Tool / A Perfect Circle / Puscifer
5. Jared Leto from Thirty Seconds to Mars and acting
4. Dave Grohl from Foo Fighters / Them Crooked Vultures / Nirvana / Scream
3. Corey Taylor from Slipknot / Stone Sour / Author
2. Rob Zombie from Rob Zombie / White Zombie / Directing
1. Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue / Sixx: A.M. + Radio DJ, Book Author and Photographer
What about the artists that are not superstars?
The artists below are doing an unbelievable job or have done an unbelievable job to remain a double threat in the music business.
1. Claudio Sanchez from Coheed and Cambra / Prized Fighter Inferno + Comic / Book Author
2. Adam Dutkiewicz from Killswitch Engage / Times of Grace + Producing
3. Digital Summer (the whole band) – They hold down normal day jobs and they are also a successful modern rock band.
4. Randy Blythe from Lamb of God + successful photographer
5. Robb Flynn from Machine Head + successful blogger
6. John Sykes from Whitesnake / Blue Murder / Solo Artist / Thin Lizzy tribute
7. Joe Satriani – Solo Artist / Chickenfoot / guitar teacher
8. Slash from Guns N Roses / Slash’s Snakepit / Velvet Revolver / Solo Artist + Motion Pictures
9. Doug Aldrich at one stage was playing guitar for Whitesnake and Dio at the same time. Also involved with Burning Rain.
10. David Draiman from Disturbed / Device + Producer
11. Protest The Hero (the band) – successful fan funded band and campaigners.
12. Kevin Churko – Successful Producer / Songwriter and Studio Owner
Original Noisecreep Article: http://noisecreep.com/best-double-threat-rockers/