Spotify needs to sort out their algorithms. They really need to get serious music fans involved here.
Every week my Release Day Friday songs get hijacked by crap.
Check out these hip hop/dance artists the algorithm recommended today;
- M.O Flashy, Hurricane (because I follow the hard rock band Hurricane)
- Dope (because I follow the hard rock band Dope)
- Monteaga K, Asia (because I follow the supergroup Asia)
- InQfive, Cresta, Heart (because I follow the band Heart)
- Charlie Puth (because I have no idea)
- Grant Burgess, Widowmaker (because I follow Dee Snider’s band Widowmaker)
- Coby Ras, Rainbow (because I follow Richie Blackmore’s Rainbow)
From my understanding, these artists are collaborating with other artists called Hurricane, Asia, Heart, Widowmaker and Rainbow, who have the same names as artists I follow, but in different genres. Whatever the case, surely the algorithm can be tweaked to not screw up my feed with crap.